Monday, August 30, 2010

8/30/2010

Hi mom

I've been thnking alot about the accident this week and how I would react but I can't really put myself in that position seeing I don't have children, but hopefully I'd have the faith to say that I say with conviction I will see my child again.but I've seen the examples of so many people not even members of the church with similar situations. I've really had to turn especially to scripture study and prayer lately to give all the answers the people are looking for and be able to answer their doubts. Every area I go to the people's problems get harder and I hesitate to be able to promise blessings for following the Gospel. But anyways I hope the family's doing good and all the jobs around the house are getting done. I hope Kenyon really puts his head down this year he is smart I just hope he can apply himself. I've been really reflecting on what I can say to encourage him to do better. Yeah so the year mark is almost here I can't believe how close it is now and I still feel new here so it's weird. My new comp is really good his name is Elder Wofford from Kansas and is a really good companion we work so well together and get so much sucess during as well. My ward is Las Torres in the Metepec stake it's a very fruitful area and I really like it alot, the weather hasn't been too much of a damper in this change but it's cooling off more and more every day now soon it'll get cld againand it had barely gotten a little warmer so it's almost always cold here. The mission address is still the same:Sierra de los Vertientes 310 col. Lomas de Chapultepec Del. Miguel Hidalgo C.P.11010 D.F Mexico. Haha I'll try not to make them mad anymore Mom I promise:) Well that's all that i got, for now can't send pictures I lost my backpack with the cable to my camera so I still take pictures but can't send them until i buy a new one. I'll try to get it soon and then I'll send them to you ok. I love you Mom recuerda que Dios siempre tiene la mano extendida nada la tienes que agarrar.

Love Elder Davis


Hey Dad

Not a bad week this week we had a little fruit of our labor this week with a couple of baptisms and alot of work in these next few weeks so I can't say anything bad about it. Wow I still need to write Bishop Oakes a thank you letter so hopefully I can get around to that it seems that I don't really even have time to sleep either, I've been so tired these past few weeks and can't seems to catch up on sleep. So everything just about ready to start doing Dallin's papers yet? He should be able to start pretty soon here. That's right Todd should've been home since june he left more than a year ahead of me. The music here is pretty good just from riding in the bus or taxi you hear and memorize at least parts of songs and I'm trying to learn how to play some of them on the guitar it's actually easier than I thought it was but still not a piece of cake either. However you are right about people not being able to sing the spirit is there but they can't carry a tune to save their life. It's funny in August back at home I'd still be really hot and sweaty and here I have to wear a sweater already so ironic or maybe just different. This ward is really actually pretty dang fruitful we've been working like mad and new stuff just keeps coming every week so it's definitely a good time here right now. Almost everyone we are teaching is just a really good investigator and has all sorts of questions and things like that. Lots of different stories as well ones are out of jail recently others single mothers others need to get married even if my husband doesn't. My comp is a huge help as well to me I learn alot from him and hopefully he does from me as well. Well thanks for the concern about those things I really appreciate it, it still hurts my pride though when i have to ask for things but I guess it's necessary sometimes. Well I don't have much else to say other than that I love you all and I thank you all for the help you give me especially in the prayers. Bye I'll write next week

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment