Monday, April 12, 2010

Email 4/12/10

Finally some news!!! Josh has been transferred and seems to be doing well. He needs prayers sent his way so I hope I can get everyone's help in this request. My heart is full and am hoping the best for him.


Hi Mom

I did get transferred and that's why I didn't write last week. I was enjoying my last area but change is also good. I am in a little colonia called Jesus del monte and in the delegacion cuajimalpa. I am right on the border of DF and the state of Mexico by the municipio de Huixquilucan I don't know if you'll be able to find it on a map but that's the best I can explain it for now. The ward is very small and almost all the active members live outside of the actual area limits so it makes working a bit complicated. The Bishop is less than excited to work with us and consecuently the members as well. However I have seen potencial here and have been totally repentant and have done a couple of fasts for the area and I have seen some good things happening in the past couple days and at church. One thing I will ask of the family this week is if they can pray for my comp he doesn't have alot of faith in the members and doesn't feel like supporting me and the zone in working with them so if you could include him in your prayers I would appreciate it or at least pray for me that I can receive additional guidance in what I should do to encourage him. His name is Elder Paredes he lives like 2 hours away he works really hard and is very spiritual so hopefully you guys can do that for me this week. Other than that I haven't done a whole lot this week just alot of walking and knocking doors but not alot of sucess so hopefully we will be guided this week to those that will listen to us. I loved conference this last week it was the best one I have ever seen by far and I know that it was truly inspired by a loving Heavenly Father. Well mom I don't have much else to write other than I included the pictures of my last 2 baptisms one is a boy by himself his name is Yamil and the other is a Mother and son that got baptized in less than five days and have been going to every church activity that there is so they were a golden family; their names are Carmen and Aaron. Dales saludos a mis primos y diles que les quiero y que sigan echandole ganas. Cuidate ma y te escribo la proxima semana. Bye te quiero

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment