Tuesday, April 20, 2010

4/19/2010 Letter(s)

Warning: Kind of a graphic puppy story is contained in the following post, reader beware.

Hi Mom
I got the letter and the other one too they both sent it's probably just bugs. Anyways how great that you have a little time for yourself you deserve it enjoy it. Tell everybody thank you this week went by alot smoother after their prayers for us and the area. We are still working towards baptisms and getting people reactivated so there is still work to do, but the power of prayer is real. Tell congrats to Dallin and Kenyon and tell Dad sorry that I didn't write to him on his Birthday. The letter for Dallin is coming soon I've put alot of time thinking and pondering what I can say to him to help him out I am still writing a little more gets done every day. Hopefully everyone has a little more patience with me I try and start a least one letter every day for someone so they are coming hopefully soon. I am not sure what day I get to call but I found out a way that in the long will save money on the calls home. Another missionary was telling me he bought like a palm pilot type thing and it comes with a program called Skype you've probably heard about it, if not it's a program that uses the internet to communicate between computer and phone or computer to computer. If you were to buy a microphone for the computer the call would be free and 1 dollars worth of credit gets you 45 minutes to any phone so that's an option. The only thing is it would come out to be about 300 dollars so it's up to you and Dad, but I did do the math of the last call and it would be a little cheaper and wouldn't have to bother a member to use their phone, but once again your choice. If you can't send the package I can wait( I've waited long enough already) it's fine for a few more months. Anyways I don't have any crazy stories other than the ones I told to dad but I am almost out of time so this were I end. Bye Mom I love you Have fun and stay safe.
Love
Elder Davis


Hi dad
Luckily this week has been lots better as far as the work goes, but as far the temporal things go not so lucky. This week I went twice without water so I was a little crusty a couple of days this week, one of those days happened to be Sunday so double whammy. But I just put a few extra sprays of cologne on and went to work so that's life for me now. The main part of our area is pretty small but we have a bigger part that we don't go to very often because it requires taking a bus and because of the lack of work in the past the chamba(work) isn't very established so most of the town is Catholic and EVERYBODY goes to mass. We were walking down the street and it had to be about 200 people holding candles and carrying their St. Judas Tadeo figuirines ughhh I hate that stupid little statue. This week my comp has been helping out in working with the members and I think he realized that when you show a little faith in something it starts to work. Haven't pulled any baptisms yet but we're setting them up. Short sad little story the neighbors about a month ago had found a little puppy in the street and cleaned it and brought it home. The little was pretty stickin cute but a little too curious. While the neighbors were pulling in their car the thing got under the tire and... squish no more doggie. The teenage girl that had been taking care of it was pretty torn up and the hermana asked us if we could burry it soo we dug a hole for it in the garden and now it will help the little plants grow the end. Other than that don't got much else just keep praying for my area that we can have some fruits this week. Say hi to Drew and Gpa and ma their letters are in the works and coming soon.
Bye Dad love you
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment