Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week 6

Hey guys,

How are you all doing? Are you helping Mom and Dad out around the house and other things? I miss you all so much, but I'm happy missionary work is hard, but it's really fun. I hope you guys are reading the scriptures everyday and praying, it is really important! I love you guys and thank you for the letters, I really loved them. So what were you guys for Halloween? Did you have lots of fun? Did you get a lot of candy? Tell me what you guys are learning in school. I watched conference there and it was cool, and when we all stand up and sing it's amazing to hear all the missionaries singing the songs. Which talk was your favorite? My favorite talk was by Elder Holland and the Book of Mormon and it's cool because I get to tell people the same things and so do you some day! Did you guys like President Monson's talk about the "warm-fuzzies"? On Monday for family night I want you guys to put "warm fuzzies in the jar you made at Dyna's house for all the service you guys do during the last week. When the jar gets full tell me so I can send you a special card or something.

I'll tell you a little something about what goes on here. We wake up every morning at 6:30 and we wither have gym or MDT which stand for Missionary Directed Time or we have a service assignment, luckily we don't have to do service on our p-day sorry Dad ;)! We have breakfast which is like cafeteria food so it makes you fart all day long? (Sorry about the f word, and for the ones about to come..) Then we usually have class or more MDT to study in the scriptures or Preach My Gospel. Then we have lunch which is more cafeteria food so we fart some more, it gets really stinky in our classroom sometimes! Then we have class some more with a different teacher usually till dinner. Dinner is the same, you know what that means, and then we have more MDT or a devotional or some big meeting like that. On Tuesdays we have a general authority come and it's awesome to see people that talk in General Conference and stuff, like we had Elder L Tom Perry come and he was so cool to watch in person. I hope we get the prophet here soon so I'm crossing my fingers hopefully! We also do this thing called Referral Center were we talk to people about the Church on the phone or on the Internet on chats and it's cool because they are real people in the world not like when we practice with each other or thinks like that. We also do something called the TRC where volunteers come in, they are usually members, that act like investigators and we teach them, we have to teach only in Spanish now so it's just a little bit scary, but I'm learning so it's all good. Then sometimes on Sunday we walk to the Temple and just look around and talk. The Temple looks so pretty against the mountains, it's really cool looking. Other than that, that's pretty much it that we do here.

Be good OK? Listen to Mom and Dad they know what's good for you even if you don't like it sometimes, do it anyways and you'll feel good. Lala that means you too little girl! One more thing I want you to do is go to school and make one new friend, can you do that? I'll be writing you to find out. I love you all so much I hope to hear from you soon!

Love your older brother,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment