Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Last few emails we have recieved from Josh

Emails from November 20th, 2009

Hey dad I got your letter from dear elder means a bunch thank you. I hope you have been enjoying your reading time I know I do it's the best thing I get to do here so it is precious to me. I heard about Bishop Edgley talking at stake conference and we had him here it was a great talk. I also heard Elder Taufa that Duce Latui's dad died so I thought I would tell you that. Tell me how the Bulldogs are holding up if they are out or in still just let me know and tell Dallin I'm waiting for that letter i want to talk to him before he starts wrestling season now that he is big time now with Lane hurt and what not. Anyways I have to go but i will talk to you next week. Bye dad I love youlove Elder Davis the younger

Hey mom, I got your dear elders and I also got Dad's too. Thanks for sending those I felt better we got our flights plans last night and I fly to Georgia then to Mexico city but there is a 4 hour lay-over in Georgia. I guess the plans don't mean anything unless we get our visas but I have been praying for it to come in. I hope all the kids are staying focused in school and that they are behaving bien. Anyways we are supposed to get Elder Oaks for Thanksgiving and I am excited to go to that other than that we just have one more week left. This next week will be our teaching week so we plan on having tons of lessons next week so to prepare for teaching out in the field. As far as necessities come I am fine here but if there is anything that you think I might need then you can go ahead and send that anyways that's it for this week and I'll be sending an e-mail next week with more info on travel so you'll be hearing. Love you all so much and you're in my prayers.Sincerely,Elder Davis

Emails from November 27th, 2009

Hi mom Got all your letters and the package this week thank you I neededthat. Thanksgiving here wasn´t bad we had Elder Holland yesterday morning and Elder oaks came earlier this week on Tuesday so it´s been a good week. I hope thanksgiving went well for you guys at home and that everyone is enjoying time off school. Well don't have much to say other than we got our flight plans and visas alright. I will be calling home Monday so be ready for it. I fly to Atlanta and have a 4 hour layover there so that's when I'll be calling talk to you then. Love you Mom and tell the family I love them. Elder Davis

Josh finally transfered to Mexico City he's been there 2 weeks. We didn't hear from him for what seamed an eternity, there was a long silence - 2 weeks to be exact, Can you ground your missionary?

This is what we got:

Hey Mom Don't have tons of time but I forgot to write last week. I got all the Dear Elders and even got some when I got here Shelem told me she called you so I hope you're not too worried. We have had so much success and we'll even have baptisms before Christmas! I miss you and love you all and tell the kids I'll write next week. Les Quiero mucho Elder Davis

We found out a few days ago that my 1st cousin Shelem Mora is in one of the wards that Josh is in, she's up there studying. Can you believe that?! We are just grateful for small coincidences that keep us in touch with Josh. We would have gone crazy had we not heard from someone he was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment