Monday, February 28, 2011

2/28/2011

Hi Mom
Just to write you this week real quick. Not much is new around here had a baptism yesterday not many people were there but the hermano was really emotional afterwards it was a really neat experience. I wrote Dad a pretty cool experience I had this week tell him to tell it to you. I'll send pictures next week if I can I don't have my camera on hand. If you send that package with Ricky I could use a few pairs of new garments I have holes in a few right now and am not too sure how long they'll last. I'm size 34 on bottom and medium on top whatever material is fine just need them pretty soon. I get to talk to my president this week I'll ask him about calling Dallin but I'll be afraid that he tells me that I won't get to call for mother's day if I call home. We'll se what happens. I was just wondering if you've talked to Abuelo lately I wanted to ask him a few things send me his email address please so I can write him. I love you Mom and hope that everything is going well I'll talk next week.
Love Elder Davis


HI Dad

That's great about Ammon and that all have completed years (I'm not sure how to say it in English) all the crazy stuff should be out of the way for now hopefully. I have been working pretty hard lately and just making the most of my time it's been super crazy but been so worth it. I had 1 baptism yesterday I feel like butter lately the baptisms have just been slipping away for more that I try hard and get these people going they just don't want to. I get really stressed out about it and try to look at what I'm doing wrong so that i can fix it and get on track again but even then nothing comes super fast in fact it goes slower. I suppose that i have something to learn from these experiences maybe more patience I really don't know but I've been fasting and praying about it and waiting for the results to come I have faith it's soon. Anyways besides that not much else is going on I have just been doing my very best and that's all. I did have a pretty cool experience I felt like Ammon in Alma 18 when he talks to the king Lamoni. I had a lesson with and investigator and she had a few doubts about a few things in that moment I read a scripture and then afterwards she tells me that's exactly what I was thinking how'd you know? I felt really cool and then explained that sometimes we don't read mind but rather HF gives us the words to be able to help the people. We should baptize her this week so it's not too bad. I think that the mission is going to be very blessed soon if we all work that way. In May we get a vist from 2 apostles and a member of the seventy presidency. Elders Cook and Oaks are coming as well as Elder Rasband. I feel that that will be a really sweet experience and that we'll all be very edified( or at least very well reprehended ) and that we'll all get something out of it. Anyways that's what's new around here hope Mom isn't breaking her back with all the favors and little things she has to do. Well I love you Dad thanks for teaching more than nothing with your example. We'll talk next week

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment