Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week Two..

... I was told that missionary letters are usually longer and better when they first arrive at the MTC, then as they get busy out in the field they only have a short time to write so the letters get shorter... Well, we're in trouble then.

I'm doing fine I'll be writing you this week use the return address on there so the letters get here faster. If I stay busy I have fun so I'm always busy so it is fun. Going to the temple here is probably the best thing I do. Tell everyone that if they write I'll write back. I love you all and hope everything going fine. That's good you're busy I'm glad to hear that.

Me gustaría compartir mi testimonio con ustedes yo sé que Jose Smith fue un profeta de Dios y el Libro De Mormon es el libro más correcto en todo el mundo. Yo sé que Thomas S. Monson es un profeta verdadero y que Padre Celestial nos ama. Saliría estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo. Amen.

Proof read this I have to work on it well I don´t have much Time left tell everyone else I love em too and I pray for them every night. Thanks to eveyone that contributed to helping me get out here I´ll be writing you in the near future

Love, Elder Davis

3 comments:

  1. ok, i can see here that you're going to need to send him questionnaires. it'll really help prompt him with something to write about. if you send a separate email with just a list of questions only (try to ask questions that require more than a yes or no answer) then they can hit reply and no excuses!

    i'm sure he has stuff to talk about, he just needs his memory jogged. things like:
    what was the funniest thing that happened this week?
    what's your favorite thing to teach about and why?
    when did you feel the Spirit strongly this week?
    what's your favorite meal there?
    tell me about your companion. where is he from, etc.?
    (i loved having drew's trainer's mom's email address. we had so much fun comparing notes. it was like getting two letters a week. I wasn't afraid to ask for it, either!)

    anyway . . . you get the idea. he'll write more. he just needs a little encouragement!

    also . . . dearelder.com is the bomb. that's the only way i sent mail when he was in the mtc. i sent relatively short emails every day. it's a free service. you write the email. dearelder prints them out and they are delivered to the mtc weekdays before dinnertime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww!! prima!!
    No lo puedo creer!! Josh en la mision...!!
    Hasta yo siento raro, pobre Dallin..me imagino como se siente!! pro felicidades!! Se q Joshe tendra mucho éxito!!
    Cuando llega a México?? Me gustaria visitarlo en su barrio y llevarle algunas cosas..me puedes avisar cuando llegue a México y en q barrio esta...o su direccion xfa!!
    Saludos a todos!!
    Shelem Mora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanks Stephanie for the advise I was trying to see how I can get him to write more. Good idea with the questions and his companion's mom's email address. I love reading Drew's letters and seeing the amazing change that he has gone through. His Spanish is really good now he even wrote me a full letter in Spanish the other day. I'm so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete