Monday, May 16, 2011

5/16/2011

Hi Mom
Thanks for working on getting me that stuff I really appreciate the things you do for me in spite of the fact that you are so busy. I would love to hear all of us speaking Spanish when we get home that would be really neat. II wrote Dallin last week and he wrote back he's alredy getting ready to go to Guatemala. He's doing pretty good with the Spanish he knows the sentence stucture at least and it surprises me that he picks it up well. I got Kenyon's letter and it was pretty good I really appreciate his concern. I hope that he can start focusing in on his school work and everything so that he can get better opportunities in the future. Ammon told me in the phone call home that he wasn't doing so hot either so I'll be praying for that as well. The investigators are doing good we have found some really good people lately. One is Amabel she is a woman that has suffered alot she's lost a husband and more than one child, she has one daughter right now and is really worried about how she will grow up she's in those early teenage years and starting to get a little rebellious. Her only struggle is visualizing herself in a group or church we really want to help her and get her on that track so that her daughter can follow her example. Another is Abel Cruz he has little kids 2 of which are twins so he has a handful but yopu can really see his concern for their well being. With him I think he might have a little bit of fear of what his family might think if he makes a change like that. Unfortunately that's what happens in many cases and then people just can't get over that fear it's sad to see but I try and do my part so that doesn'y happen in the future. Manuel is 18 and is pretty enthusiastic about the missionary lessons my only concern is that maybe he follows his friends counsel more than ours. His best friend is another member but a little less active right now but has the true desire to serve a mission he even asked for a blessing the day so he could have more strength spiritually to do what he needs to. Juan Carlos is very intelligent and has studied many books about religion trying to find the truth. However he isn't like other people that say that they "know" because science says so or this person has prove such a thing. I really hope that he can see what bleesings the Gospel has for him if he but opens his heart to the message. Benjamin is the dad of a member in the ward he has some really christian ides but still doesn't know entirely what he needs to do to have his wife again some day. We did sort of a service project for him today he was going to paint his house and we helped him do that I really hope that will help us in getting our message across with clarity and power. We found a girl yesterday her name is Itzel her parents are members and her mom even served a mission but they are super inactive and her mom even says some pretty crazy stuff about the church. The good thing is that her grandma is still pretty active and it seems that she has more influence on her than her very mom. I just hope that she can get baptized and feel that satisfying feeling of doing the right. We have others but those are the most willing to do things so I hope that you guys can pray for them as well. Well thats all I have for now I'll write you next week to tell you if any have had progress. I love you and hope that everything goes well this week. Take care
Love Elder Davis



Hey dad

Keep it short this week I know it's crazy to think that I'll be home soon but everything has it's end in this life but I feel pretty good at this stage I hope that I can be the instrument that my Heavenly Father needs me to be. I try to put goals that make me push myself. I know that evrything doesn't always work out perfectly but I know for sacrifice we are blessed. Thank you for the encouragement I loove you Dad stay safe.

Love Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment