Monday, March 14, 2011

3/14/2011

Hi Mom
This week we had a pretty good start to this transfer we have some pretty promising people and are looking at 3 baptisms this week. We found a few really good people this week and are hoping that are going to be future baptisms. I don't have details right now but I will give them to you next week. I lost my backpack last week and my camera was in it they found the backpack they say but I just hope that the camera is still there by the time I get it back. That's good for Dallin I really hope that everthing falls into line for him and that he can really get ready to be ready for this experience. I have been really studying hard and ahve been thinking about the sacrifice that the Savior made for me especifically every time that I read that in my patrirchal blessing it makes me think about what I do here and that that is my purpose help him to save souls. I really want to finish my mission well and that's what I'm going to strive for these next few months that I have left. Ok enough of that I don't want to bug Mom but I have been waiting for a little money, if you can't send any that's fine but I was kinda waiting on it. If you have to choose about what you send out please send the money instead anyways I really don't have much else to tell you about this week I love you Mom hope that everything goes well for you this week.
Love Elder Davis

Hi dad

Toluca's good I guess I really didn't expect to be back here again but it's ok and things aren't half bad. I invited a person to be baptized this week and he accepted it's exciting to hear that, but the truly exciting thing is that he hadn't accepted a baptism in 20 years! It was a pretty memorable experience for me after I found out. I was completely clueless for about those 20 minutes we were in the lesson because my companion hadn't explained to me what his situation was and I was seeing that everybody in the room had a surprised look on their face. Anyways he gets baptized this Sunday and I am going to send pictures of that home. I think this is going to be a good transfer for me and my companion we already have lots of work and are going to keep it up. I think that President sent me out here for a reason and that I'm going to be a good instrument in the hands of the Lord. I am so happy for Dallin and that he has this great opportunity to grow and learn I know that I have learned alot and have grown alot. The 30 th of this month I have 18 months in the mission and only 6 left time goes by extremely fast and I do want to end on a high note so that's my goal for now. Thank you Dad for the counsel that you give me it helps so much. I love you hope everthing goes well with the reception center.

Love Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment