Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7/19/2010

Hi mom

This week has been a little more productive and have been able to finally get a baptism this week. I was so scared that we were going to draw a blank because my companion hasn't had a baptism yet and that's not good because here almost every week we can baptize so I had to show him that it is possible. Anyways hope you have fun camping this weekend it would be pretty fun to camp here in this area there's lots of places that look like up north in Arizona so it would be pretty nice. As far as work goes I'm trying to be patient and hopefully the blessings come after but definitely trying to do my best. Anyways my comp was sick this week of his stomach but it's the first time I've seen that a native Mexican gets sick of something he ate and I didn't. Thank you all for the prayers they really work and I've seen the affects of them here. Anyways don't have anything else but hope you all are well.

Love Elder Davis

Hey dad

Sweet whip a mustang convertible not bad. Too bad I wasn't there to take that thing out for a spin. Poor grandpa I hope he's hanging on ok that would be pure misery for me. What's new with grandma is she doing ok having to take care of grandpa almost 24\7 now? Eric John funny kid I can remember some pretty memorable moments from him. Definitely makes life interesting with younger kids still in the house. Yeah the new area is pretty good I still got all the commodities of the big city just without all the noise but don't have a water heater with the bucket we bathe. Funny story we have to heat water with this contraption of death that we plug into the wall socket and we only have one so I thought this looks simple enough to make. I round up a few things and get to work took me about 5 min. I grab the bucket fill it up to see if this thing works. I plug it in and all I hear is pop pop and a sizzling noise afterwards. We go outside and check the fuses because obviously the light went out, I look into one and the thing was almost completely welded shut I get it open and all black inside completely fried. I didn't need to check the other one I already knew it would look the same. It was already about 10 o'clock and everything closes early around here so we justed stayed without light the rest of the night. I love Mexico it's awesome. Anyways finally gonna have a baptism this week I was so worried about blanking out this change and my first change as senior comp. I need to find a way to get more people baptized I know we can do it just have to find the way how. Anways oh wow I still feel new in the mission and Dallin and Chaz are already getting the priesthood and Skylar's already gone holy cow. Anyways weather hasn't been too bad this week we finally could work a little bit calmer this week. That's all I got to report this week hope everyone is well love you all

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment